My Partner Made Me Come Here: Adult Male with Chronic Fecal Incontinence
Once you're logged in, click the "ENTER" button found in the Course Summary box to the right. Your registration will then be confirmed.
Once you register for the course, you will have 180 days (approximately 6 months) from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
- Review presenting signs, symptomology, medical office assessment and treatment of fecal incontinence.
- Name related anatomy of defecation.
- Describe the goals of physical therapy for the patient with fecal incontinence.
Donald Matz, PhD
Chair and professor – Anatomy and Professor – Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines University
Roberta Baldus, DHEd, PA-C
Assistant professor – Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, Des Moines University
Elizabeth Trausch, DPT
Physical therapist – Physical Therapy Clinic, Des Moines University
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases: Fecal Incontinence
- Hull, T., Giese, C., Wexner, S. D., Mellgren, A., Devroede, G., Madoff, R. D., ... & SNS Study Group. (2013). Long-term durability of sacral nerve stimulation therapy for chronic fecal incontinence. Diseases of the Colon & Rectum, 56(2), 234-245.
- Lambo, A. Patient Information: Fecal Incontinence (Beyond the Basics)
- Wedron, B. Bowel Incontinence (Fecal Incontinence)
Copyright: All rights reserved. By viewing this activity, participants agree to abide by copyright and trademark laws, intellectual property rights, and all other applicable laws of the United States of America. No part of the syllabus may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in articles or reviews.
Internet CME Policy: The Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at Des Moines University (DMU) is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. DMU CME maintains its Internet site as an information resource and service for health professionals. DMU CME will keep your personal and credit information confidential when you participate in an Internet based program. Your information will never be given to anyone outside of the DMU CME program. DMU CME collects only the information necessary to provide you with the services that you request.
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)