Mercy Medical Center Gynecology Cancer Conference
The gynecology cancer conference will review current cancer cases. Presentations will include pathology, radiology, pharmacology, and other pertinent material related to the case under discussion.
Physicians, nurses, and other interested health professionals involved in cancer patient care.
- Identify contemporary diagnosis and treatment strategies in clinical and primary management of the gynecologic oncology patient.
- Discuss factors that guide the formulation of a management plan in those patients with cancer.
- Apply the principles of evidenced based medicine in the practice of caring for the oncology patient.
- Identify the advantages of the team approach in caring for patients with cancer.
- Endometrial cancer x 3
- Cervical cancer
- Ovarian cancer x 2
- Metastatic adenocarcinoma of mullerian origin
- Vulvar cancer
All HIPAA rules and regulations apply. Unless otherwise stated, all treatment discussion will be in accordance with the NCCN guidelines.
Deborah A. Turner, MD, FACOG
Gynecologic Oncologist, Mercy Medical Center
Speaker(s) will disclose to attendees the nature of any financial relationships they have with the commercial firms providing support as well as the commercial manufacturers of products and/or the providers of services discussed in their presentations. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
There is no commercial support for this Cancer Conference.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 1-B CME credit(s).
- 1.00 AOA Category 1B