Menopause and Hormone Therapy in 2013
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and healthcare administrators.
- Define menopause, perimenopause, and premature ovarian insufficiency.
- Discuss common health issues in mature women.
- Discuss risks and benefits of hormone therapy (HT).
Recent medical literature concerning the use of HT has been confusing. While HT has risks, it also has many benefits, and knowledge regarding these is important in caring for mature women. We can better care for this group of women as we understand the health issues of menopause.
Mary L. Marnach, MD
OB/GYN, Mayo Clinic
- Dr. Marnach has nothing to disclose regarding financial relationships with any commercial entities, commercial companies providing support for this program, or any commercial manufacturers of products and/or services discussed in this presentation.
This program is supported from gifts to the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation from Mary Greeley Medical Center, McFarland Clinic & First American Bank. The content and selection of a speaker is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center Continuing Medical Education Committee and not the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation, McFarland Clinic, or First American Bank.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A