Lung Cancer Screening
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and healthcare administrators.
Professional Practice Gaps
Lung cancer screening is a new type of cancer screening. Providers must have a multidisciplinary approach to new clinical activity involving surgery, radiology, primary care and pulmonary medicine.
- Understand the results of the National Lung Screening Trial and other studies supporting lung cancer screening with low dose CT.
- Understand the indications for lung cancer screening.
Joseph Merchant, MD
Hematology/Oncology, McFarland Clinic
- Dr. Merchant discloses the commercial entities with which he has relationships do not produce healthcare goods or services relevant to the content he is planning, developing, or presenting for this activicy.
- Dr. Brenda Burrough discloses she is a principal investigator in an Amgen research trial.
- No member of the Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee who planned this activity, including Dr. Burrough, has any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A