Lifestyle Education to Improve Patient Outcomes
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, Advance Practice Professionals, Nurses, Ancillary Staff, Medical Students (Rotating), and Non-Medical Students (Rotating).
This session will help clinicians feel confident in supporting patients in need of lifestyle education beyond what is available through Mary Greeley Medical Center.
- Identify how knowledge and skill gaps may contribute to poor outcomes for patients with lifestyle-related health conditions.
- Access online nutrition and physical activity content designed for users who have limited financial resources, low literacy, and limited English proficiency.
- View Iowa State University Extension and Outreach as a partner in supporting patients through healthy lifestyle changes.
Program Manager, Human Sciences and Extension Outreach
Iowa State University
Family Nutrition Program Assistant, Extension and Outreach
Iowa State University
- Ms. Hradek and Ms. Leidal indicate they have no relationships with a commercial entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing healthcare goods or services consumed by or used on patients.
- No member of the Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee who planned this activity has any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
This program is supported by gifts to the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation from Mary Greeley Medical Center, McFarland Clinic, First American Bank, and Green Hills Health Care Center. The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee and not the sponsors of this program.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A