LGBT Breast & Chest Health: A Conversation for Lesbians, Gay Men, Bisexuals, and Trans* Persons
Once you're logged in, please select the "register" tab to process your payment and complete your registration.
Once you register for the course, you will have 180 days (approximately 6 months) from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
This educational activity reviews the risk factors faced by the general population and specifically these populations. The presentation offers important breast and chest health information, which promotes breast & chest health awareness and education, focusing on breast cancer screening. The goal of the activity is to increase positive health outcomes in the LGBT community.
- List the four stages of the breast cancer Continuum of Care.
- State external and internal factors that affect breast cancer risk.
- Identify ways in which breast cancer can be treated.
Roger E. Dahl, MAPA
Executive Director, Susan G. Komen, Iowa
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Mr. Dahl indicated he has no relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest to disclose.
Copyright: All rights reserved. By viewing this activity, participants agree to abide by copyright and trademark laws, intellectual property rights, and all other applicable laws of the United States of America. No part of the syllabus may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in articles or reviews.
Internet CME Policy: The Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at Des Moines University (DMU) is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. DMU CME maintains its Internet site as an information resource and service for health professionals. DMU CME will keep your personal and credit information confidential when you participate in an Internet based program. Your information will never be given to anyone outside of the DMU CME program. DMU CME collects only the information necessary to provide you with the services that you request.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this enduring materials activity for 0.5 AOA Category 2-B credit(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other: This enduring materials activity is designated for 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 0.50 AOA Category 2B
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)