Venous Stasis Ulceration: It's Not Just Swelling Anymore
Des Moines, IA US
April 3, 2014
DMU faculty, staff, students, residents, and the medical community.
- Discuss the effects of compression therapy on venous insufficiency.
- Understand the general venous return of the lower extremity.
- Describe the histological changes associated with venous stasis.
- Understand the tents of general wound management in a patient with multiple co-morbidities.
- Mindi Feilmeier, DPM, FACFAS
Assistant Professor, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Des Moines University
- Donald Matz, PhD
Chair and Professor, Anatomy, Des Moines University
- Juanita Robel, PT, MHS
Associate Professor, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the speakers have no financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this activity for 1.0 hour of Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- DPM: Des Moines University is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a sponsor of continuing education in podiatric medicine. Des Moines University has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hours.
- Nursing: Des Moines University Continuing Medical Education is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hours.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Des Moines University
3200 Grand AvenueOlsen Center
Des Moines, IA 50312
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 CPME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.20 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)