Issues Regarding the Aging Physician
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and healthcare administrators.
- Identify issues that may be impacted by a physician who may be impacted by age.
- Develop some strategies and ideas to assist and protect patients.
- Understand the risks and/or obligations when practicing with an aging physician.
Acknowledging the difficulty in speaking with a peer about a sensitive subject that clearly affects patient care issues and risk management.
Connie Diekema, JD, MHA
Finley Alt Smith
- Ms. Diekema has nothing to disclose regarding financial relationships with any commercial entities, commercial companies providing support for this program, or any commercial manufacturers of products and/or services discussed in this presentation.
This program is supported from gifts to the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation from Mary Greeley Medical Center, McFarland Clinic & First American Bank. The content and selection of a speaker is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center Continuing Medical Education Committee and not the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation, McFarland Clinic, or First American Bank.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A