Iowa Medical Cannabidiol Act
Once you're logged in, please select the "REGISTER" tab to process your payment and complete your registration.
Once you register for the course, you will have 180 days (approximately 6 months) from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
- Review the medical cannabidiol law as it pertains to physicians, including: stakeholder definitions, roles, responsibilities and protections.
- Identify the types of educational materials that the Department is providing to physicians about medical cannabidiol, including research and CME opportunities.
- Review the compliance infrastructure of the medical cannabidiol program, as well as form and quantities of products allowed.
Owen Parker, MPH
Program Manager, Office of Medical Cannabidiol, Iowa Department of Public Health
Mr. Parker is the Program Manager for the Office of Medical Cannabidiol within the Iowa Department of Public Health. He received his Master of Public Health degree from the University of Iowa College of Public Health. He has spent several years working in operations, compliance and business development for a multi-state cannabis facilities operator and brings a unique combination of education and experience to his current role.
Mr. Parker has nothing to disclose regarding financial conflicts with commercial interests related to the content of this educational activity.
Copyright: All rights reserved. By viewing this activity, participants agree to abide by copyright and trademark laws, intellectual property rights, and all other applicable laws of the United States of America. No part of the syllabus may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in articles or reviews.
Internet CME Policy: The Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at Des Moines University (DMU) is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. DMU CME maintains its Internet site as an information resource and service for health professionals. DMU CME will keep your personal and credit information confidential when you participate in an Internet based program. Your information will never be given to anyone outside of the DMU CME program. DMU CME collects only the information necessary to provide you with the services that you request.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 0.75 AOA Category 2-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Health Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.75 AOA Category 2B
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.75 CE Contact Hours