Intro to Health Care Delivery Systems and Basic Quality Improvement
- Discuss the differences and similarities between Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance.
- Explain benefit types and eligibility categories that will apply to your patients.
- Determine best practice when treating patients in a managed care setting.
- Explain basic quality improvement concepts and techniques.
Jason Kessler, MD, FAAP
Chair and Program Director, Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, Dr. Kessler indicated he has no financial relationships with commercial interest companies to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™