Hepatitis C Elimination Planning
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The date your access expires will be indicated in the Course Summary box on this webpage.
Providers and clinical staff who are interested in providing treatment and care to individuals diagnosed with Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection (providers, nurses, behavioral health, linkage navigators, front desk/scheduling, admin, etc.).
- Review the Iowa Department of Public Health Hepatitis C Elimination Plan.
- Identify best practices in the management of Iowans living with hepatitis C.
HIV and Hepatitis Prevention Program Manager
Bureau of HIV, STD, and Hepatitis
Iowa Department of Public Health
Recording date: February 15, 2022
Date of original release: February 22, 2022
Most recent review/update: February 22, 2022
Termination date: February 21, 2025
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Primary Care Association. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 0.75 AOA Category 2-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Julie Baker, MPA, CHCEF - Planning Committee Member and Moderator
- Kristi Barslou - Activity Coordinator
- Mark Hillenbrand, MSW, LISW, RCSW - Planning Committee Member
- Megan Srinivas, MD, MPH - Planning Committee Member
- Megan Westerly, MSN, RN - Activity Coordinator and Moderator
- Biz McChesney - Speaker
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have a conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose. All financial relationships have been mitigated by the accredited provider.
- Steven Donnelly, PharmD - Planning Committee Member, Speaker for Gilead
- Douglas LaBrecque, MD - Planning Committee Member, Advisory Board Member for HepQuant
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.75 AOA Category 2B
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)