IaPMR Spring Conference
To be updated on current trends in pain management and obtain certification for the required pain management CME required by the Iowa Board of Medicine.
IaPMR members. This conference is only open to osteopathic and allopathic physicians.
|1 p.m.||OMM Hands-On Experience in the OMM LabJose Figueroa, D.O. and Drew Lewis , D.O.|
|3 p.m.||IaPMR Business Meeting|
Dr. Figueroa and Dr. Lewis indicated no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Perry indicated he is a consultant for PCCA and is a self-managed stock holder for District Drugs and Compounding Center.
- Learn about causes and clinical features of Myofascial Pain.
- Discuss the Essential Clinical Criteria for Active TrP and the treatment options.
- Discuss the treatment options for ANY TrP.
- Learn hands on techniques via an OMT workshop on Myofascial Pain.
Each participant’s body must be accessible for observation. Please refrain from wearing large or sharp jewelry. No jeans please.
- Women: Sports top or close fitting T-shirts, and shorts or sweats.
- Men: Shorts or sweats and T-shirts.
- All: Warm-up suits or other clothing worn over the above described attire is advised to ensure comfort between demonstrations, as temperatures may vary in the room.
Educational grants were not accepted for this activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this activity for 4.0 hours of Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- Other: Certificates of participation will be awarded for a maximum of 4.0 hours of continuing education credit.
- 4.00 AOA Category 1A
- 4.00 CE Contact Hours