IaPMR Fall Conference
To continue our discussion of pain management, we will be discussing acupuncture and prolotherapy as alternatives or integrative approaches to manage pain without narcotics.
This conference is open to osteopathic and allopathic physicians.
|12 pm||Registration and Lunch|
Jackie Stoken, D.O. and Farid Manshadi, M.D.
Jackie Stoken, D.O. and Michael Jackson, M.D.
|3 pm||Business Meeting to Include Officer Elections|
- Discuss the basic concepts of acupuncture and how it can be used to manage pain.
- Recognize and treat patients that may benefit from acupuncture.
- Discuss the basic concepts of prolotherapy and how it can be used to manage pain.
- Recognize and treat patients that may benefit from prolotherapy.
- Use appropriate coding and billing methods for acupuncture and prolotherapy.
Educational grants were not accepted for this activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this activity for 2.0 hours of Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- 2.00 AOA Category 1A
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.00 CE Contact Hours