How to Give Effective Feedback
Once you're logged in, please click on the "ENTER" button in the Course Summary box to your right. Your attendance will then be confirmed.
Once you register for the course, you will have 180 days (approximately 6 months) from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
- Recognize generational influences on teaching and learning styles.
- Define formative feedback.
- Use the FAST mnemonic for feedback.
- Recognize what parts of a student rotation to focus feedback on.
- Organize a feedback session and plan.
- Define summative feedback.
- Put it all together to create a student evaluation.
DMU preceptors and clinical instructors.
J. Michael Metts, DO, FAAP FACOP
Pediatrician; Director, Medical Student Education, Mercy Medical Center
Chair, Speciality Medicine; Associate Professor, Pediatrics, Iowa Simulation Center, Des Moines University
- Area of Certification: Pediatrics
- Certifying Group: American Board of Pediatrics, Inc.
- Residency: University of Missouri, Columbia School of Medicine
- Medical School: Des Moines University, Des Moines, IA
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Metts indicated he has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Copyright: All rights reserved. By viewing this activity, participants agree to abide by copyright and trademark laws, intellectual property rights, and all other applicable laws of the United States of America. No part of the syllabus may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in articles or reviews.
Internet CME Policy: The Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at Des Moines University (DMU) is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. DMU CME maintains its Internet site as an information resource and service for health professionals. DMU CME will keep your personal and credit information confidential when you participate in an Internet based program. Your information will never be given to anyone outside of the DMU CME program. DMU CME collects only the information necessary to provide you with the services that you request.
- 0.50 CE Contact Hour(s)