The course will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. Learners must pass a post-assessment with 80% and complete an evaluation.
This online course is open only to DMU faculty, staff, and students. Your enrollment will be deleted if you do not have the authorization to access the course.
- Understand the Hazard Communication Standard and its requirements for compliance.
- Recognize the methods used to explain the health and physical hazards.
- Define the various physical and health hazards associated with a hazardous substance.
- Explain procedures in the event of a spill or exposure.
Vickie Behrends, MS
Health and Safety Coordinator, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, Ms. Behrends does not have a relationship with any ineligible companies to disclose.
Photo: Kathy Nellis Chastney, CDC Connects. Retrieved from the CDC's Public Health Image Library. Public Domain.
Date of original release: October 24, 2015
Most recent review/update: March 5, 2022
Termination date: December 31, 2024
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 0.5 AOA Category 1-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 0.5 continuing education contact hours.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals, medical procedures, and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education. It is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.50 AOA Category 1B
- 0.50 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 0.50 CPME