Geriatric Behavioral Health Case Presentations with Expert Panelists
You must log in or create an account before enrolling in this educational activity.
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The date your access expires will be indicated in the Course Summary box on this webpage.
Panelists will review several psychiatric cases in elderly patients, including psychosis, dementia, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Discuss differential diagnosis for psychotic symptoms in the elderly.
- List reversible causes of dementia.
- Describe challenges associated with use of antipsychotics in elderly patients with neurocognitive disorders.
- Evaluate management of benzodiazepines in the geriatric population.
- Identify treatment options for Lewy body dementia.
- Recognize the role of the physical exam in mental health.
Recording date: November 12, 2021
Date of original release: January 6, 2022
Most recent review/update: January 6, 2022
Termination date: January 5, 2025
Kyle LeMasters, DO
Adrianna Mitchell, MD
Walter Mogeni, MBChB
Leonard S. Richards, DO
- 1.50 CE Contact Hour(s)