Friday Research Seminar Series: MSBS Students
Des Moines University faculty, staff, and students.
Exploring The Mechanism of Combination Therapy on Aggressive Natural Killer Cell Leukemia
- General knowledge of natural killer cells and the malignancies they can develop.
- Potential effects of Statins and Verapamil in combination with chemotherapeutic agents on proliferation, the cell cycle, and cytoxicity of Natural Killer Cells.
- Understanding the role that P-glycoprotein plays in multi-drug resistance and how inhibiting it may increase efficacy of chemotherapeutic agents.
MST-312 Effect on HSV-1 Replication
- Be able to understand the course of HSV-1 infection.
- Be able to understand MST-312's involvement in the inhibition of HSV-1 infection.
- Be able to compare MST-312 with EGCG, in context of their roles in HSV-1 infection.
Elizabeth Tillinghast, MBS-17
Imran Abbasi, DO-16
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)