The Evidence for Running Shoe Construction and Function
This presentation was part of the Best Practices in Orthotic Therapy activity on April 11, 2015 and is approximately 25 minutes.
Podistrists and physical therapists.
- What are we trying to accomplish with running shoe design and construction?
- Shoe prescription based on shoe type.
- Shoe anatomy, weight, heel design, stiffness, cushioning, and shock absorption.
- Shoe design strategies to improve performance during running.
- Evidence-based recommendations
Paul Dayton, DPM, MS, FACFAS
Assistant Professor, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Des Moines University
Copyright: All rights reserved. By viewing this activity, participants agree to abide by copyright and trademark laws, intellectual property rights, and all other applicable laws of the United States of America. No part of the syllabus may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in articles or reviews.
- 0.50 CE Contact Hours