Evaluation & Management of Medical Conditions of Pregnancy in the Perinatal Period
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, Advance Practice Professionals, and Nurses.
National and local data demonstrates that pregnant women have an increasing number of medical comorbidities which can complicate their pregnancies and increase the risks for morbidity and mortality. In many cases, early recognition and treatment will improve both maternal and fetal outcomes.
- Identify risk factors for medical complications of pregnancy.
- List indicated lab and imaging studies for baseline and acute evaluation.
- Describe initial management steps.
- Recognize need for consultation, co-management and transfer to higher level of care.
Andrea L. Greiner, MD
Division Director, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- Dr. Greiner indicates she has no relationships with a commercial entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing healthcare goods or services consumed by or used on patients.
- No member of the Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee who planned this activity has any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
This program is supported by gifts to the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation from Mary Greeley Medical Center, McFarland Clinic, First American Bank, and Green Hills Health Care Center. The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee and not the sponsors of this program.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A