Emergency Preparedness in a Hospital Setting
DMU students, faculty and staff.
Public Safety Manager, Mercy Medical Center - Des Moines
Brenda McGraw, RN
Emergency Management Coordinator, Mercy Medical Center - Des Moines
Des Moines Police Officer
Relevant to the content of the CME activity, the panelists have no relevant financial relationships with commerical interests to disclose.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of emergency preparedness and response exercises.
- Prevent or minimize adverse outcomes in an emergency situation.
Educational grants are not being accepted for this activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association and approves this live activity for 1.0 Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hours.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 CPME
- 1.20 IBON