ECHO Integrated Behavioral Health - Overview of Substance Use Disorders
If you have questions, please contact Billye Jo Ryan at 515-282-4401 or bryan@Broadlawns.org.
- Describe symptoms of acute intoxication with common substances of abuse.
- Describe symptoms of withdrawal of common substance of abuse.
- Describe the role of motivational interviewing in treating substance use disorders.
Janice Landy, MD
Section Chief for Behavioral Health Services, Broadlawns Medical Center
Michelle Davids, DO
Psychiatrist, Broadlawns Medical Center
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, the speakers have no financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implement in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and Broadlawns Medical Center. DMU is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.25 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.25 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.25 AOA Category 1A
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.25 IBON
- 1.25 CE Contact Hour(s)