Do the (Copy)Right Thing: Advanced Copyright for Faculty and Academic Assistants
Click here to RSVP. You will be redirected to Pulse.
- Utilize copyright information sources and tools that are provided to the campus community.
- Apply the four factors of fair use to an example situation.
- Complete the process for requesting use from copyright owner if necessary.
- Communicate to students regarding permitted uses of faculty-created course materials in slide stacks, syllabi, and other teaching materials.
Natalie Hutchinson, MSLIS
Director, Library, Des Moines University
Ms. Hutchinson indicated she has no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians.DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 CPME