DMU Facilitation Training
This is a 3-part series for facilitators for SIM and SP Lab. The three part series will give participants time to see models and practice using objectives and Frameworks to assess Simulation/OSCE experiences, view a live model and discuss questioning strategies to help support debriefing best practice, and embedded instructional coaching to provide individual feedback to support facilitators where they are in their educational journey.
Provide professional development opportunities to support facilitators through upcoming simulated learning experiences.
- Discuss elements of a simulated learning experience.
- Utilize objective driven checklists to narrow the scope of what we measure.
- Practice a research-based debriefing framework tool you will use in upcoming simulations to drive learner centered discussion.
- Use objectives and observable behaviors checklist to guide facilitated discussion.
|11:55 am||Next Steps|
Alecia Gardner, MEd
Educational and Accommodations Specialist, Center for Teaching and Learning, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Ms. Gardner indicated she has no financial relationships to disclose.
Des Moines University is located on a 22-acre campus in the heart of Des Moines, Iowa. Just west of downtown on Grand Avenue, the University is located in one of Des Moines’ most prestigious neighborhoods. The campus is in a historic neighborhood filled with tree-lined streets and gracious older homes and businesses. Its central location makes it easy to access the rest of the city and outlying communities. The campus is close to the Des Moines International Airport, located on the bus line and just blocks from local shopping and downtown Des Moines.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 2.0 continuing education contact hours.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 2.0 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Professionals: This live activity is designated for 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 2.00 AOA Category 1A
- 2.00 CPME
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.00 CE Contact Hour(s)