Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training
In 2013, the Department of Human Services reported 84% of adult (65+) abuse cases go unreported and 40% of all elder abuse involves some form of financial exploitation. This educational activity will describe various types of adult abuse and neglect, identify clinical findings that indicate abuse, and provide local resources of how and when to report.
- Understand the Iowa Abuse Law
- Know how to report suspected abuse
- Have resources and intervention to help when reporting abuse
- Know how to prevent adult abuse
Cherie Sullivan, CMA
Iowa Arthritis & Osteoporosis Center
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and Iowa Arthritis and Osteoporosis Center. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 2.5 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.50 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 2.50 IBON