Dementia + Case Studies 2022
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The date your access expires will be indicated in the Course Summary box on this webpage.
- Describe the risks for and causes of dementia.
- Discuss the evaluation of patients with dementia.
- Plan behavioral and pharmacologic treatment strategies to minimize the personal, social, and financial impacts of dementia.
- Refer patients and caregivers to available community resources.
In addition to the speaker addressing the learning objectives mentioned above, the following cases will be discussed.
- A 65-year-old man comes to the office with his wife because she is concerned about his memory. He is a retired engineer.
- A 73-year-old man has memory problems that are increasingly evident to his wife, and he has had several unexplained falls.
Robert Bender, MD
Geriatric & Memory Center Section Chief, Broadlawns Medical Center
Recording date: November 5, 2022
Date of original release: December 4, 2022
Most recent review/update: December 4, 2022
Termination date: December 3, 2025
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 1-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Robert L. Bender, MD - Planning Committee Member, Moderator, and Speaker
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only. It is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 1B
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 IBON