Course Design: Activities and Approaches
This course is part of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) Master Medical Educator Series.
The workshop will focus on course design as the third stage in backwards design. In this workshop, we will focus on planning activities and approaches to guide students to achieve educational objectives. Some of those approaches will be discussed and/or modeled in the workshop.
- Participate in a variety of course activities to gain exposure.
- Choose the way of learning that is most likely to produce the desired learning outcomes.
Preparatory Work Assignment
You are asked to read the article in advance and be prepared for a short quiz to start discussions.
Kerry Gregoryk, PhD
Director, Center for Teaching and Learning, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Gregoryk indicated she has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- Nurse: Des Moines University Continuing Medical Education is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CPME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.20 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours