Connections Matter: Developing Brain, Relationships, Community
Sponsored by United Way of Central Iowa.
A caring relationship can give a child a great start. It can help someone with a history of trauma heal. It can improve the health of a neighbor and the well-being of a family.
Connections Matter is a community effort. We want everyone to know that fostering caring connections with the children, families and adults in your life matters to developing healthy brains, supportive relationships, and thriving communities.
United Way community partners.
- Develop understanding that fostering caring relationships with the children, families and adults in life matters to developing healthy brains, supportive relationships, and thriving communities.
- Learn how to deliver a 20-minute and 50-minute presentation utilizing the Connections Matter curriculum.
- Learn about other resources to support awareness efforts.
|2:15 pm||Presentation Background and Techniques|
|3 pm||Role Play|
|3:30 pm||Resources and Next Steps|
- Lana Herteen, MA, LMHC, Community Child Advocate, Blank Children’s Hospital
- Sarah Welch, Communications Director, Prevent Child Abuse Iowa
- Gladys Alvarez, LISW, Orchard Place Child Guidance Center
The speakers indicated they have no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and Central Iowa ACEs 360. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 3.0 AOA Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- Nurses: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 3.6 continuing education contact hours. No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
- 3.00 AOA Category 2A
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 3.60 IBON
- 3.00 CE Contact Hour(s)