Common Voice Disorders
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and healthcare administrators.
- Understand the basis of voice & speech production with associated terminology.
- Understand the significance of voice disorders.
- Understand the functions of the larynx & how disease impairs those functions.
- Learn how to evaluate a patient with a voice disorder.
- Identify common voice disorders.
- Learn the management of common voice disorders.
Henry Hoffman, MD
Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, University of Iowa
- Dr. Hoffman discloses he is a Research Consultant for Cook Medical in laryngology, saliva disorders, and otolaryngology. Cook Medical has purchased the licensing rights on a device that Dr. Hoffman patented.
- Dr. Brenda Burrough discloses she is a principal investigator in an Amgen research trial.
- Dr. Jay Brown indicates he is an investigator for AstraZeneca.
- No members of the Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee who planned this activity, including Drs. Burrough & Brown, have any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A