Candor: Past, Present & Future
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and healthcare administrators.
- Verbalize knowledge of Candor Law in Iowa.
- List several benefits of Candor vs. the status quo.
- Understand Apology Law (I'm sorry), CRP (Communication & Resolution Program), and Candor.
Kate Strickler, JD, LLM
Iowa Medical Society
Mike McCoy, MD
Great River Health System
- The speakers disclose that the entities that they have relationships with do not produce health care goods or services relevant to the content they are planning, developing or presenting for this activity.
- No member of the Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee who planned this activity has any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
This program is supported by gifts to the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation from Mary Greeley Medical Center, McFarland Clinic, First American Bank, and Green Hills Health Care Center. The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee and not the sponsors of this program.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A