Baby, It's Cold Outside: Hypothermia
You must login or create an account before enrolling in this educational activity.
Once you're logged in, please click the "ENTER" button to your right. Your attendance will then be confirmed.
Once you register for the course, you will have 180 days (approximately 6 months) from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
This presentation was originally a part of DMU Clinic Grand Rounds on February 5, 2015 and is approximately 45 minutes.
- State the classification of hypothermia based on clinical signs and basic assessment.
- Demonstrate the basics of field and emergency department treatment of hypothermia.
- Recognize and be prepared to treat EKG findings of hypothermia.
- Identify ways to preserve their own function in harsh environments.
- Thomas Benzoni, DO, AOBEM, FACEP, Assistant Professor, Family Medicine, Des Moines University
- Sarah Clayton, PhD, Assistant Professor, Physiology and Pharmacology, Des Moines University
- Thomas Eales, DO'17
- Jordan Vorrie, DO'16
- Jenaya Calderilla, DO'17
Copyright: All rights reserved. By viewing this activity, participants agree to abide by copyright and trademark laws, intellectual property rights, and all other applicable laws of the United States of America. No part of the syllabus may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in articles or reviews.
Internet CME Policy: The Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at Des Moines University (DMU) is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. DMU CME maintains its Internet site as an information resource and service for health professionals. DMU CME will keep your personal and credit information confidential when you participate in an Internet based program. Your information will never be given to anyone outside of the DMU CME program. DMU CME collects only the information necessary to provide you with the services that you request.
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)