Assessment: Determining Acceptable Evidence
This course is part of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) Master Medical Educator Series.
The workshop will focus on determining acceptable evidence to know if students have achieved educational objectives. We will also examine various aspects of assessment including direct vs. indirect and formative vs. summative.
- Apply basic aspects of assessment to determine acceptable evidence using sample and their own objectives.
Kerry Gregoryk, PhD
Director, Center for Teaching and Learning, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Gregoryk indicated she has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this activity for 1.0 hour of Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- Nurse: Des Moines University Continuing Medical Education is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CPME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.20 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours