The Art of Teaching: Triple Es in Lesson Planning - Efficient, Effective and Engaging
- Discuss the elements of an efficient, engaging, and effective lesson plan
- Create a lesson using the Madeline Hunter Lesson Plan Structure
- Collaborate with peers to provide feedback on their Madeline Hunter Lesson Plan
Alecia M. Gardner, MEd, MAT
Educational and Accommodations Specialist, Center for Teaching and Learning, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, Ms. Gardner indicated she has no financial relationships with commercial interest companies to disclose.
Des Moines University is located on a 22-acre campus in the heart of Des Moines, Iowa. Just west of downtown on Grand Avenue, the University is located in one of Des Moines' most prestigious neighborhoods. The campus is in a historic neighborhood filled with tree-lined streets and gracious older homes and businesses. Its central location makes it easy to access the rest of the city and outlying communities. The campus is close to the Des Moines International Airport, located on the bus line and just blocks from local shopping and downtown Des Moines.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)