Alcohol Use in the Geriatric Population
Once you're logged in, please select the "REGISTER" tab to process your payment and complete your registration.
Once you register for the course, you will have 180 days (approximately 6 months) from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
- Define alcohol use disorder in the elderly.
- Identify ways in which to screen for alcohol use disorder in the geriatric population.
- Use interventions to treat alcohol use disorders.
Michelle Davids, DO
Psychiatrist, Broadlawns Medical Center
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, Dr. Davids does not have any financial relationship(s) with commercial interest companies to disclose.
Date of original release: October 6, 2018
Most recent review/update: October 6, 2018
Termination date: October 5, 2021
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 0.75 AOA Category 1-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Health Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.75 AOA Category 1B
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)