Alcohol Use Disorders and Co-Occurring Mental Health Disorders
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The date your access expires will be indicated in the Course Summary box on this webpage.
Primary care physicians, nurses, mental health professionals, substance use disorder professionals, or any clinic staff who support behavioral health services.
- List the diagnostic criteria for Alcohol Use Disorders.
- Identify prevalence of concurrent Substance Use, Mental Health and Alcohol Use Disorders.
- Describe pharmacological agents for the maintenance treatment of Alcohol Use Disorders.
Nicole Gastala, MD
Primary Health Care, Lead Physician
Andrea Storjohann, ARNP
Primary Health Care, MAT Program Manager
Gagandeep Lamba, MA, MS, MBA
Iowa Primary Care Association
Iowa Primary Care Association
Recording date: June 11, 2021
Date of original release: June 12, 2021
Most recent review/update: June 12, 2021
Termination date: June 11, 2024
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Primary Care Association. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 0.75 AOA Category 2-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Julie Baker, MPA, CHCEF, Planning Committee Member
- Bery Engebretsen, MD, Planning Committee Member
- Nicolas Foss, MS, IADC, BACC, ICGC-II, Planning Committee Member
- Gagandeep Lamba, MA, MS, MBA, Activity Director/Coordinator and Planning Committee Member
- Elizabeth Noble, Activity Coordinator
- Danielle O'Brien-Day, LMHC, CRC, Planning Committee Member
- Nicole Gastala, MD, Planning Committee Member and Speaker
- Andrea Storjohann, MSN, ARNP, PMHNP-BC, CADC, Planning Committee Member and Speaker
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have a conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose. All financial relationships have been mitigated by the accredited provider.
- Janice Landy, MD, Planning Committee Member and Speaker - Does not have a conflict with a commercial interest company; however, does intend to discuss off-label uses of commercial products.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.75 AOA Category 2B
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)