3 Rs of Advising: Roles, Recommendations, and Resources
Faculty advisors are instrumental to student success. This workshop will provide information regarding roles, best practices, and resources available as you work with your advisees. You will also have an opportunity to improve your advising skills through some interactions with peers.
- Identify roles of advisor and advisee, including DMU expectations and responsibilities.
- Describe best practices working with advisee and responding to concerns or issues.
- Explain documentation guidelines.
- Identify DMU available resources and departments for referrals.
Kerry Gregoryk, PhD
Director, Center for Teaching and Learning
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Gregoryk indicated she has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)