2nd Annual IaPMR Fall Conference
Des Moines, IA US
November 9, 2012
To be updated on current trends in pain management and obtain certification for the required pain management CME required by the Iowa Board of Medicine.
IaPMR members. This conference is only open to osteopathic and allopathic physicians.
|10 a.m.||Marc Harding, JD, D.O.|
A Physician/Attorney View of Pain Management Medical Malpractice Issues
|11 a.m.||Edward (Pat) Finnerty, Ph.D.|
Neurophysiology of Pain
Dr. Finnerty indicated he has no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
|1 p.m.||John Olds, M.D.|
Pain Management and the Iowa Board of Medicine
|2 p.m.||Jacqueline Stoken, D.O., FAAPMR|
Chronic Pain Management in the Office Setting
Dr. Stoken indicated she has no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
|3 p.m.||IaPMR Business Meeting and Elections|
- Review the neurophysiology of pain.
- Practice safe pain management.
- Examine ways to protect ourselves if taken into pain management litigation.
- State the Iowa Board of Medicine's perspective on pain management.
Educational grants were not accepted for this activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this activity for 4.0 hours of Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- Other: Certificates of participation will be awarded for a maximum of 4.0 hours of continuing education credit.
Des Moines University
3200 Grand AvenueStudent Education Center #115
Des Moines, IA 50312
- 4.00 AOA Category 1A
- 4.00 CE Contact Hour(s)