Healthcare Compliance Fundamentals for Clinic Providers and Staff
The course will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. Learners will be required to pass a post-assessment with 80% and complete an evaluation.
This on-line course is open to DMU faculty, staff, and students only. You will not have access to the course and your enrollment will be deleted if you don't have permission to enter the course.
- Recognize key compliance risk areas in today's clinical practice.
- Explain fraud and abuse in the health care system.
- Define main causes of improper payments to providers from Medicare and other insurers.
- Describe DMU’s compliance program, methods for reporting concerns, and non-retaliation policy.
Date of original release: October 24, 2015
Most recent review/update: July 16, 2019
Termination date: July 15, 2022
Erika Linden, CHC
Chief Compliance Officer & Title IX Coordinator, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Ms. Linden has no conflict of interests with commercial interests to disclose.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 0.75 AOA Category 1-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 0.75 continuing education contact hours.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.75 AOA Category 1B
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 0.75 CPME