Please email Angela Swieter or call 515-210-1868 for registration or program content questions.
Healthcare and community professionals (doctors, midwives, nurses, lactation consultants, dietitians, dentists, doulas, peer counselors, etc.) who assist mothers and babies with breastfeeding.
This conference will provide the most current strategies for healthcare providers assisting breastfeeding mothers and babies.
The agenda is subject to change.
Registration and Welcome
Growth: Expectations, Management, and Risk Reduction
Janean Wedeking, DO, IBCLC
Exploring the Link Between Infant Tension and Nervous System Regulation
Sara Cahill, DC
Breastfeeding Through the Supportive Lens of Infant Mental Health
Billie Jo Claussen, MS, IMHS-E®
Baby-Led Weaning for the Breastfed Baby
Marieta Boberg, MS, RDN, LD, IBCLC
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and Basking Babies, LLC. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live, online activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 6.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 6.0 continuing education contact hour(s). Nurses must attend the entire session to receive credit. Partial session credit is prohibited and will be forfeited.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals, medical procedures, and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individuals have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Marieta Boberg, MS, RDN, LD, IBCLC - Speaker
- Sara Cahill, DC - Speaker
- Billie Jo Clausen, MS, IMHS-E - Speaker
- Elizabeth Kehret, MA, IBCLC - Activity Director
- Angela Swieter, BSN, RN, IBCLC, ICCE - Activity Director, Facilitator
- Janean Wedeking, DO - Speaker
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education. It is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 6.00 AOA Category 2A
- 6.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 6.00 IBON