Women’s Event: Provider Burnout and Professional Resiliency
Professional burnout out among healthcare professionals, and particularly women, continues to increase. This activity is designed to assist female healthcare professionals in identifying, acquiring coping skills, and draft a 90 day action plan to help overcome burnout and achieve work-life balance.
A study conducted by AthenaH ealth in 2017 showed that female physicians under the age of 45 have the highest rates of burnout. The study also showed that female physicians under the age of 60 have higher rates of burnout than their male counterparts. The main reason for this difference is due to the relationship between balancing a demanding career with the home and family duties.
Female healthcare providers need to learn skills to assist them in managing and succeeding in both their careers and personal lives. In doing so it will allow them to provide better care to their patients.
- Identify personal core values and schedule of priorities.
- Examine the things that zap energy, sabotage success, and kill productivity.
- Build a 90-day action plan.
|5:30 pm||Social Hour|
|6:30 pm||Program Begins|
|8:30 pm||Program Adjourns|
Conclusion of Event
Founder, Meyvn Group
Tammy Rogers is best known for helping leaders experience the kind of “Aha” moments that result in new ways of thinking, new attitudes and new behaviors. (Some might say she gives them meaty ideas to chew on–so to speak.)
A certified coach, Tammy has been instrumental in nine business start-ups. She’s held Vice President titles in both Human Resources and Operations—and has had the opportunity to lead more than 200 employees in remote offices from Boston to Los Angeles and Minneapolis to Atlanta.
Tammy has written more than 50 internationally distributed training programs. She has worked with best-selling authors like James Autry and Bob Nelson. And she has partnered with hundreds of companies—large and small—to help them improve results through the building of people, processes and procedures.
Founder, Meyvn Group
Working with Melynda DeCarlo is like watching a master chef in action, drawing from her experiences to deftly combine ideas in new ways. She is a former National and Regional Training Director. She is an Organizational Development Specialist and holds a Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR) through SHRM. As a certified coach she is committed to expanding capacity and promoting growth in individuals, teams and organizations. Her approach is practical, dynamic and interactive.
Melynda gives clients the benefit of nearly 20 years’ experience in providing the time, talent and tactical planning necessary to move from strategy to execution. She is an Operational Strategist, a Master Facilitator and a Custom Design Trainer. Her clients include many Fortune 500 companies.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the planning committee members and speakers have no conflict of interest with commercial interests to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 2.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Medical Society. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
The Iowa State Innovation Model (SIM-IA) is supported in part by grant # 1G1CMS331400-01-00 from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The contents of this publication are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or any of its agencies.
Speakers will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 2.00 AOA Category 2A
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.00 CE Contact Hours