Integrated Healthcare for the Elderly
To provide live ongoing, relevant and accredited, continuing education opportunities for healthcare professionals in St Lucia and the wider Eastern Caribbean in order to promote development and optimal patient care.
- Work with other relevant healthcare professionals to develop and implement a multidisciplinary care plan for all elderly patients.
- Prescribe and advocate for appropriate medication usage in the elderly.
- Appropriately manage geriatric emergencies.
|Friday, January 27, 2017|
|7:30 am||Registration and Poster Viewing|
|8:30 am||Opening Remarks|
|Session One: Aging in St. Lucia|
St. Lucia’s Epidemiology of Aging and Health Burden in the Elderly
Nahum Jn Baptiste
St. Jude Hospital Elderly Patient Statistics
Carlene Radix, MD, MPH
Round Table Discussions - Geriatric Issues in Healthcare in St Lucia
Carlene Radix, MD, MPH
|12:45 pm||Lunch and Poster Viewing|
|Session Two: Geriatric Care in the Hospital Setting- Panel Discussion|
Yogesh Shah, MD, MPH, FAAFM
Paul B. Volker, MD, FAAFP
Perioperative Care of the Elderly
Charles Greenidge, MBBS, FRCS, FCCS
|5 pm||Question and Answer Session|
|Saturday, January 28, 2017|
|Session Three: Transition from Hospital Back to Community or Long-Term Care|
Paul B. Volker MD, FAAFP
Medication Use in the Elderly in St. Lucia
Ferhn Henry, DPT
|12:15 pm||Announcement of Poster Presentation Winners|
Dementia Work-Up: Skills Building Workshop
Robert Bender, MD
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and St. Jude Hospital. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Carlene Radix MD, MPH
Medical Director, St Jude Hospital
Vieux Fort, St. Lucia
1-758-459-6704 (direct line)
- 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 14.25 CE Contact Hour(s)