SVS PSO VQI Regional Meeting - Upper Midwest Vascular Network
The purpose of the Society for Vascular Surgery Patient Safety Organization (SVS PSO) is to improve the quality, safety, effectiveness and cost of vascular healthcare by collecting and exchanging information through regional quality improvement groups.
Professional Practice Gap
Each regional group is provided with benchmark reports to compare their center/region/national outcomes to focus on quality improvement to meet the mission of the SVS PSO. Some examples include metrics on:
- Length of stay (cost)
- Long term follow-up of patients (quality)
- Clinical outcomes, such as mortality and stroke (quality/safety)
- Use of Statins and Antiplatelets to decrease mortality (effectiveness)
- Adherence to scientific guidelines to optimize patient care (quality/safety/effectiveness)
By reviewing their benchmarks during these bi-annual meetings each site and region can focus quality improvement efforts to improve and track their success over time.
- Use the VQI regional reports to establish quality improvement goals for the vascular patients (outcomes) and for their center (process).
- Interpret and compare each centers’ VQI results to regional and national benchmarked data.
- Learn, through group discussion the VQI regional results to improve the quality of vascular health care by monitoring measurable performance indicators, SVS PSO evidence-based research, and outcomes.
- Identify high performing regional vascular centers to discuss variations in care and clinical practice patterns to improve outcomes and prompt quality improvement recommendations for vascular care patients.
- Share of best practices/pathways of care.
Agenda is in the local time zone.
Regional Data Review and QI Proposal
Randall DeMartino, MD, MS
National VQI Update
Caroline Morgan, BSN
Governing Council Update
|3:20 pm||Case Presentations||No|
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 2.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Society for Vascular Surgery Patient Safety Organization. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 2.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other healthcare professionals: This live activity is designated for 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individuals do not have any relationships with commercial interest companies to disclose.
- Carrie Bosela, RN, CPC, CPC-I - Planning Committee Member
- Cheryl Jackson, DNP, MS, RN, CNOR, CPHQ - Activity Director
- Leka Johnson, SVS PSO - Activity Coordinator and Planning Committee Member
- Caroline Morgan, BSN - Planning Committee Member
- James Wadzinski - Planning Committee Member
- Randall DeMartino, MD, MS - Speaker
- Caroline Morgan, BSN - Speaker
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.00 AOA Category 2A
- 2.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 2.00 IBON
This is a private online course and registrations are not being accepted.