Speed Networking: Research Edition
Once you're logged in, please click on the "ENTER" button to your right. Your attendance will then be confirmed.
Explore research opportunities via “speed networking”
Still searching for your 2019 New Year’s Resolution? We have one for you: develop new research connections and collaborations.
An event on November 27 offered DMU faculty that opportunity. Faculty from all three colleges came together for the first “Speed Networking: Research Edition” activity. Following the speed dating format, participants spent five minutes learning about each other’s research projects with the goal of establishing some possible project partnerships. A physical therapist talked with a pharmacologist. A podiatrist exchanged ideas with an immunologist. Clinicians discussed projects with a statistician.
Comments from the attendees included, “I could do this all afternoon,” and “I met faculty from other programs for the first time.” These interactions led them to start 2019 off with brand new research ideas and connections. Join us in helping you achieve your New Year’s Resolution and meet your new collaborator.
Grants and Contracts Manager, Office of Research, Des Moines University
Des Moines University is located on a 22-acre campus in the heart of Des Moines, Iowa. Just west of downtown on Grand Avenue, the University is located in one of Des Moines' most prestigious neighborhoods. The campus is in a historic neighborhood filled with tree-lined streets and gracious older homes and businesses. Its central location makes it easy to access the rest of the city and outlying communities. The campus is close to the Des Moines International Airport, located on the bus line and just blocks from local shopping and downtown Des Moines.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.5 continuing education contact hours.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.5 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Professionals: This live activity is designated for 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
- 1.50 AOA Category 1A
- 1.50 CPME
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.50 CE Contact Hour(s)