Database Showcase: ExamMaster
Once you're logged in, click the green "ENTER" button found in the Course Summary box to the right. Your registration will then be confirmed.
This course is part of the Des Moines University Library Nerdfest Series.
Des Moines University faculty and staff.
This class will introduce you to the key elements you and your students need to know to help you accomplish your clinical, research, and educational goals.
Exam Master® is designed to provide the most realistic and effective exam preparation possible. The following practice tests will be reviewed as part of this course:
- COMLEX I (PLUS sample Comlex II PE cases on video)
- USMLE Step 1, 2, & 3 question bank
- PANCE/PANRE practice exams
- Certification review for Family Medicine, General Pediatrics, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, SPEX (Special Purpose Examination)
- Medical Subject review tests
By the end of class participants will be able to independently explain key concepts and/or perform the following skills as indicated by the observation of the instructor and student’s self‐assessment:
- Identify and describe main menu features including dashboard options, creating a new exam, number of questions, and other options.
- Identify and review modes including Test, Study, and Learning.
- Identify standard and alternate test layouts.
- Demonstrate how to display test questions, highlight and strike out, identify the green check mark, notate questions, create flashcards, utilize the calculator, access lab values, and pause or submit a test for evaluation.
- Identify and understand My Exams, My Stats, and Learning Modules.
- Identify how to locate further training materials from the DMU library at: http://lib.dmu.edu/db/exammaster.
Rebecca Hines, MLIS
Education Librarian, Des Moines University
Ms. Hines indicated she has no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
ACRL Information Literacy
- Standard One: The information literate student determines the nature and extent of the information needed (4)
Fundamental Osteopathic Medical Competency Domains: Guidelines for Osteopathic Medical Licensure and the Practice of Osteopathic Medicine
- Practice‐Based Learning and Improvement in Osteopathic Medicine (4.7.1)
National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL) Health Leadership Competency Model
- Information Seeking (L11.5)
The American Physical Therapy Association 2014 Strategic Plan
- Professional Excellence Goal 3.c
The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants: Competencies for the Physician Assistant Profession
- Practice‐Based Learning and Improvement
Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health: MPH Core Competency Model
- Communication and Informatics
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Can't get enough Nerd?!
Library Appy Hour - 2 remaining Friday's in July from 2-3pm in SEC #281
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.50 AOA Category 1A
- 0.50 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 0.50 CPME