Active Learning Approaches
Are you interested in learning what all the hype with active learning is? How do you know if your students are actively learning in your class? This session will address what is necessary for active learning, how you can promote it in your class, and options you can integrate into your teaching today to increase student engagement and promote active learning of your students.
- Describe elements of active learning classrooms.
- Describe how educators can integrate active learning teaching methods into their teaching.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in incorporating active learning teaching methods.
Brian Pinney, PhD
Educational Specialist, Center for Teaching and Learning, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Pinney indicated he has no financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hours.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credit and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Professionals: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CPME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)