LGBTQ Health & Wellness Conference
Promoting Mental, Physical, Spiritual, & Social Health in the LGBTQ Community
All interested healthcare professionals.
Join us for our annual LGBTQ Health & Wellness Conference with Des Moines University to bring healthcare providers and LGBTQ community members together to connect and learn. This virtual conference allows healthcare providers to gain valuable knowledge about best practices for serving LGBTQ folks and have the chance to meet and build trust with LGBTQ individuals. LGBTQ community members have the chance to learn more about LGBTQ-inclusive healthcare resources in their area, gain system navigation knowledge, and develop relationships with healthcare providers.
- Describe barriers that LGBTQ Iowans face when attempting to access inclusive healthcare.
- Recognize the importance of spiritual, social, and mental health on the overall health of LGBTQ Iowans.
- Discuss the discrimination that LGBTQ Iowans face and how that discrimination impacts health outcomes and overall well-being.
- Generate three action items focused on LGBTQ inclusivity to utilize in practice.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with commercial interest companies to disclose.
- Elizabeth Baker, PhD, MPH, CPH - Planning committee member
- Malycki Manon-Sosa - Planning committee member
- Helena Mica, MA, MS - Planning committee member
- Max Mowitz - Activity director
- Dustin Nguyen - Planning committee member
- Zachary Rochester - Planning committee member
- Samantha Schmitz, MPH - Planning committee member
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have the following conflict(s) with commercial interest companies to disclose.
- Coming soon!
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.