It's the Flu Season
This event is part of the DMU Grand Rounds Series.
- Discuss basic science concepts underlying influenza virus pathogenesis, antiviral therapy, and vaccination.
- Understand factors associated with and patients perceptions of the flu vaccine.
- Discuss the role of Osteopathic manipulative treatment in the management of influenza.
DMU faculty, staff, students, residents, and the medical community.
- Katherine Heineman, DO
Assistant Professor & Clinician, Osteopathic Manipluative Medicine, Des Moines University
- Rachel Reimer, PhD
Chair, Program Director and Associate Professor, Master of Public Health, Des Moines University
- Marie Nguyen, PhD
Associate Professor, Microbiology and Immunology & Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, the speakers indicated they have no financial relatiobships to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credit(s).
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.20 IBON