Iowa PCA Annual Conference - Beyond Health: Social Determinants and Their Impacts
Registration Options - Closes on October 1.
The Iowa Primary Care Association Annual Conference is an educational opportunity for our community health centers to learn about upcoming changes in the health care environment, best practices and strategies, and ways to collaborate as a group.
CEOs, Operations Directors, Senior Leadership, Clinic Managers, Clinicians, Dental Staff, CFOs, HR Directors, Quality Directors and Marketing/Fundraising Staff.
Agenda and Speakers
Click here for the full agenda. Please note the only presentation eligible for CME/CEU credit is below.
Wednesday, October 21 from 2 - 3:30 pm
Pain and Addiction Co-Morbidity
Jan Campbell, MD
Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Understand the key elements of addiction including the correlation between pain and addiction.
- Identify signs of drug-seeking behaviors.
- Incorporate evidence-based interventions and care coordination in their practice to improve care to affected patients.
Relevant to the content of this CME presentation, Dr. Campbell indicated she has no financial relationships to disclose.
Green, Green, Green!
All conference materials will be offered exclusively online through our website. We encourage you to visit this page prior to the conference date to review and/or print any of the conference materials available for duplication you would like to have present with you during the conference.
Please note some sessions may not have materials for duplication and some speakers may prefer to bring handouts. Other PowerPoint's will be posted online as they are received.
The Iowa PCA Annual Awards program begins with you! Any member of health center staff can nominate colleagues for the following three awards, which will be presented at this year's Iowa PCA Annual Conference.
The Carl Kulczyk Memorial Award
This award was established in recognition of Carl Kulczyk's outstanding contributions to the Iowa PCA and community health field prior to his death in 2008. This award is presented to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to his/her organization over the course of his/her tenure at the health center.
The Unsung Hero Award
This award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated a level of excellence in his/her work which distinguishes his/her services and contributions during the past year.
The Outstanding Provider Award
This award recognizes a distinguished provider who exemplifies excellence in clinical practice and demonstrates a dedication to the health center mission and to the patients he/she serves.
We will be offering multiple levels of sponsorships. The 2015 conference will continue the tradition of offering our members another outstanding training event. Members from community health centers throughout Iowa will be in attendance. We are anticipating over 125 attendees including CEOs, Operation Directors, Senior Leadership, Clinic Managers, Clinicians, Dental Staff, CFOs, HR Directors, Quality Directors, Board Members, Marketing and Communications, Fundraising, and Outreach and Enrollment Staff. For more information regarding sponsorship of the Iowa PCA Annual Conference, please contact Vivian Day at email@example.com or 515-244-9610.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Primary Care Association. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AOA Category 2-A credit(s).
- Nurse: Des Moines University continuing education is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.8 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
The West Des Moines Marriott is located off I-80 W near the Jordan Creek Town Center... Iowa's largest upscale shopping, dining and entertainment venues! Make yourself at home in one of the 219 guest rooms featuring plasma televisions, plug in panels to connect laptops, MP3 players, and video game players. Luxury bedding featuring down comforters, designer duvets and piles of fluffy pillows. Premium amenities include complimentary wired and wireless internet access in lobby and public areas, free parking, and complimentary airport shuttle service.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the West Des Moines Marriott Hotel specifically for the Iowa Primary Care Association. Mention the "Iowa Primary Care Association" at the time of reservation to receive the special discounted room rate of $129.00.
To reserve your room please contact Marriott reservations at (866) 202-9771 or (515) 267-1500 or for online reservations click here. The reservation cutoff date is Thursday, October 1, 2015. Reservations received after the cutoff date will be accepted on a space availability basis.
- 1.50 AOA Category 2A
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.80 IBON
- 1.50 CE Contact Hour(s)