Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training
In 2013, the Department of Human Services reported 84% of adult (65+) abuse cases go unreported and 40% of all elder abuse involves some form of financial exploitation. This educational activity will describe various types of adult abuse and neglect, identify clinical findings that indicate abuse, and provide local resources of how and when to report. Beginning July 1, 2014, newly established Iowa Code Chapter 235F, Elder Abuse Relief becomes effective and creates an elder abuse definition and law for civil elder abuse relief.
- Understand the Iowa Abuse Law
- Know how to report suspected abuse
- Have resources and intervention to help when reporting abuse
- Know how to prevent adult abuse
Cherie Sullivan, CMA
Iowa Arthritis & Osteoporosis Center
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, the planning committee and speaker indicated they have no financial relationships with a commercial interest company to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and Iowa Arthritis and Osteoporosis Center. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 2.5 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 2.5 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.50 AOA Category 2A
- 2.50 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 2.50 IBON