Lymphedema - Not Just Edema
Two attendance options:
IPTA Southwest District members, physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, students.
Continuing Education Session: Lymphedema - Not Just Edema
Juanita Robel, PT, CLT, Des Moines University
IPTA Southwest District Meeting
Call for agenda items: If you have an item you'd like to add to the IPTA Business Meeting agenda, please email them to Traci Bush, DPT at email@example.com.
Juanita Robel, PT, MHS
Associate Professor, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, Des Moines University
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this activity for 1.0 hour of Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- Other healthcare professionals: Certificates of attendance will given for 1.0 continuing education contact hour.
- Greene AK, Grant FD, Slavin SA. Lower-Extremity Lymphedema and Elevated Body-Mass Index. N Engl J Med 2012; 366:2136-2137.
- Mehrara BJ, Greene AK, Lymphedema and Obesity: Is There as Link? Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014 July; 134(1):154e-160e.
- Cho S, Atwood JE. Peripheral Edema. Am J Med. 2002;113:580 –586.
- Foeldi M, Foeldi E,, ed-in-chief. Foeldi‘s Textbook of Lymphology. 3rd English ed. Urban and Fischer. 2012.
- Francis K. Review of Anatomy and Physiology of the Lymphatic System. Physician‘s lecture 1, Klose Training Lymphedema Certification, 2015.
- Francis K. Lymphedema: Definition, Primary and Secondary Lymphedema. Physician‘s lecture 2, Klose Training Lymphedema Certification, 2015
- Lawenda BD, Mondry TE, Johnstone PA. Lymphedema: A Primer on the Identification and Management of a Chronic Condition in Oncologic Treatment. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians. 59(1); Jan/Feb. 2009.
- Lamber H, Piessens S, Bloem A, Pronk H, Finkel P. Natural Skin Surface ph is on average below 5, which is beneficial for its resident flora. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2006: Oct; 28(5): 359-370.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours