Iowa Podiatric Medical Society Heartland Foot and Ankle Conference: Assistants/Nurses Track
IPMS is committed to improving patient care outcomes by offering continuing education that promote learning for nurses working in podiatric offices and clinics. IPMS educational offerings will assist nurses in increasing their knowledge and skills to enable positive patient care experiences.
|Thursday, October 5|
|8 am||Rally Your Communication Mojo!|
Brenda Clark Hamilton
|10:30 am||A Systematic Approach to Etiologic Based Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers |
Jeffrey Wienke, DPM
|11:15 am||Diabetic Foot Ulcer: A Balancing Act|
Amanda Vervaecke, ARNP, CWON
|1 pm||The Importance of Office Staff Understanding How Patients Walk!|
Louis DeCaro, DPM
|2 pm||Fitting and Dispensing Orthotics, Custom Braces and Diabetic Shoe with Inserts|
Phil Mefford, CPO
Orthotic Casting: Foam Box and Plaster
|4 pm||General Anatomy, Forefoot and Hammertoe Surgeries|
Mindi Dayton, DPM, FACFAS
|Friday, October 6|
|8 am||Critical Thinking for the Imaging Professional|
Doreen Towsley-Cook, MAE, RT, FAEIRS
|10:30 am||Eclectic Imaging Part II|
Doreen Towsley- Cook, MAE, RT, FAEIRS
|1:30 pm||Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Podiatry Edition|
Mindi Dayton, DPM, FACFAS
|2:30 pm||Information on Prescription Drug Program|
Jennifer Tiffany, RPh
|3:30 pm||The Perfect Storm of Opportunities: Prescription Drugs to Heroin and Illicit Fentanyl|
Andrew Funk, PharmD
The following speakers and planning committee members have no conflicts with commercial interests to disclosure.
- Janet Carbone, Planning Committee
- Brenda Clark Hamilton, Speaker
- Louis DeCaro, DPM, Speaker
- Andrew Funk, PharmD, Speaker
- Kim Heineman, Planning Committee
- Kevin Kruse, JD, CAE, Planning Committee
- Phil Mefford, CPO, Speaker
- Sara Oelke, DPM, Planning Committee
- Andrew Standley, Planning Committee
- Jennifer Tiffany, RPh, Speaker
- Doreen Towsley-Cook, MAE, RT, FAEIRS, Speaker
- Amanda Vervaecke, Speaker
The following speakers and planning committee members have a conflict(s) with commercial interests to disclosure.
- Mindi Dayton, DPM, FACFAS, Speaker - Spouse is a consultant for Treace Medical
- Louis DeCaro, DPM, Speaker - Stockholder in NOLARO24
- Jeffrey Wienke, DPM, Speaker - Consultant for Wright Medical and on the speaker’s bureau for MiMedx Group
The speakers will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Determination of educational content for this program and the selection of speakers are responsibilities of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas.
Rooms are being held for October 4-7, 2017. The cutoff date for the group rate is September 13, 2017. Rates are $155.00 a night and do not include taxes.
Call 515-245-5500 to make reservations and refer to Iowa Podiatric Medical Society when calling.
Continuing Education Credit
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for a maximum of 11.5 continuing education (CE) contact hour(s). 5.0 CE contact hours on October 5 and 6.5 CE contact hours on October 6. Learners must attend the entire day and no partial credit awarded.
The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 11.50 IBON
- 11.50 CE Contact Hour(s)